Thursday 27 January 2011

Latest Re-Branding Project


So as I said in my last post, I've recently been commissioned to re brand The Roomz cafe in St Leonards. I pitched a few ideas to them, but this is the one that came through for them in the end.

They wanted something that was going to make them recognized as a funky place, so I looked into record sleeves from the 1970's/1980's and noticed a lot of the typography was strong and confident, and more often than now, had a drop shadow or a black outline. I think in this case the outline gives the logo itself a stronger impact and makes the 'Roomz' really stand out.

On their old business cards, they had the line 'Cafe, bar, music, art' at the bottom and most of the information was repeated unnecessarily, so I suggested bringing that in as part of the logo. One of the problems was that the place offered such a wide variety of services, it was difficult to advertise one thing specifically. So I came up with the idea of highlighting the respective word for the service it was representing, for example, 'cafe' would be highlighted on the menu.

Business cards and menus are soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment